Thursday, May 08, 2008

OPERATION GIFT CARDS FOR GRAMMY
MOTHER'S DAY EDITION
Just today, Grammy used the LAST of her Kroger gift cards from Christmas . Can you imagine how much that helped her to have all of her groceries paid for almost 5 months!

Well, here we are...Mother's Day, the perfect occasion to refresh her supply. I know she has to pay her property taxes this month so that's a huge chunk of money out of her limited budget.

If you were going to get her something, this might be a good idea!

7 comments:

Bitzky77 said...

OK. I'm on it too. Gonna get her a Kroger gift card when I'm in town VERY SOON. No Krogers here.

boneman said...

Who's Grammy?
Doesn't Oscar buy her groceries every once and a while?

And, more important....if Grammy had spent all her money on mystery cans she'de be broke by now.
I mean, let's face it. It might be dog food and the way they make dog food anymore will leave you wondering if it might just be thick stew.
Hmmmm.

Maybe Golden Globes could buy her some groceries?

alli-gal said...

I'm on it too!! I'm going ot try to see Grammy tomorrow. I'll be sure to get her a gift card for Kroger and someplace to eat.

That's awesome that her gift cards lasted that long!!! Now, maybe we can get her through the rest of the year!!!

alli-gal said...

BTW...thanks for the reminder on the property taxes....I'm one of those crazy people who doesn't have it escrowed into my mortgage....so I guess I need to get that done!!! It's technically due today.....but I'm hoping the due date is extended until Monday, since it's the weekend...oops!!!

sela said...

Wow! That lasted her a good long time! Sweet!

sela said...

Hey, maybe she should get the Kroger mystery can for her pantry on mother's day too!! lol

*Jen* said...

Liz and I got her a much meeded can opener. I know it's nothing fancy, but practical and she loved it! My parents got her a new kitchen faucet, which she loved too. Her's has been running big time!