Monday, December 21, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
The Mayfair Steamer Secretary Desk
from Restoration Hardware
(of course I'll need a new house too, since this is so large!)
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Friday, July 31, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Here's a blog that shows us all the stuff that packs on pounds, in image form. Check it out:
This is Why You're Fat
Friday, July 17, 2009
Check em out! We already got one in our change so be on the lookout coin lovers!!
Lincoln's Formative Years in Indiana
Professional Life in Illinois
Presidency in Washington
Thursday, July 09, 2009
You can buy it here http://www.blueribbongeneralstore.net/804-p-Kitchen.html
- Locavore (one who eats foods grown locally)
- Frenemy (someone who acts like a friend but is really an enemy)
- Waterboarding (an interrogation technique use to induce the sensation of drowning)
- Vlogs (a blog that contains video material)
- Webisode (a TV show that can be viewed at a Web site)
- Flash mob (a group of people summoned electronically to a designated spot at a specified time to perform an indicated action before dispersing)
- Green-collar (involving actions for protecting the natural environment)
- Sock puppet (false online identity used for deceptive purposes)
- Staycation (a vacation where you stay at home)
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Thank you Michael!!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I have the cure! Bacon flavored dental floss! Now this is a floss I could get into!
Not a fan of salt-cured meats? Ok, I've got one for ya! How about cupcake frosting floss? What's better than flossing with something that tastes like pure sugar?
Careful, my fine flossing friends, you just might become a flossaholic!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Monday, April 06, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Check this breakfast tart out. I haven't tried it yet! I think tomorrow night just might be one of those breakfast for supper kind of nights!!
1 sheet puff pastry dough
1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tsp. water
3 oz. crème fraîche
2 oz. shredded Gruyère cheese (I'll have to use mozzarella because we all know Rich doesn't like cheese - big, ol weirdo!)
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
10 fresh chives, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch lengths
- Thaw the puff pastry dough according to the package instructions.
- Preheat an oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into a 10-by-8-inch rectangle. Place the pastry on the prepared baking sheet. Using a paring knife, score a border 1/2 inch in from the edge of the pastry. Using a fork, prick the center of the pastry. Brush the border with the egg wash and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the crème fraîche and cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place it on a level heatproof surface. Using a fork, prick any large air pockets in the pastry. Crack the eggs onto the tart, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the tart to a platter, garnish with the chives and serve immediately.
Spread the crème fraîche mixture on the pastry, keeping the border clean. Lay the bacon on top, slightly overlapping the slices. Bake the tart for 14 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking.
Serves 4 normal sized people or just me and Rich, if you know Rich, you know what I mean!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
The first one is called Big Hunk.
It's a big ol hunk o'nougat with nuts in it - NOT drenched in chocolate. You just get the nougat. Oh yummy. Put this little hunk of goodness in the micro for 4-5 seconds and it softens right up to a chewy bit of deliciousness! The nuts just add that bit of crunchiness that it needs. Yummo!
The second one is called a Lion bar.
It's got crispy wafers and rice, along with just the right amount of chewy carmel all wrapped in a delectable milky chocolate. *gasp*
If your mouth is watering, just let me know, I'll pick up a spare bar for you of either (or both) and try not to devour it before I deliver it to you!