My urge to nest consists of bringing down all my warm and cozy sweatshirts, fleece jackets and pullovers and of course stocking up on my beloved turtlenecks. I also love to start cooking and baking when the weather gets chilly!
Last weekend I made Pumpkin Bread and Chili. This weekend I made Pasta e Fagioli. My recipe is a copycat that I found online - which tastes just like what they serve at Olive Garden!
Here's what you'll need to make it.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, julienned (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 15 oz can northern beans, with liquid
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can V8 Juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (I usually don't use this much)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 lb (1/2 bag) ditali pasta
Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 10 minutes
Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour
At about 50 minutes, boil pasta in a separate pan until al dente
Add pasta to soup and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes